Sunday, September 7, 2014

More

"When they asked him to spend more time with them, he declined." ~Acts 18:20

This verse is talking about the Jews wanting Paul to spend more time with them, but I can apply it to my own circumstance to God asking me to spend more time with him and me not doing it.

With the school year back in full-swing and our new pastor getting settled into our church community, we are going to start a new Wednesday night program at our church. It is going to be called More. It used to just be for children and be called Rainbow Junction, then Wednesday Night Live, but our new pastor made it something more. Now it is for everyone. Babies to elders, all of us will get to have more of God on Wednesday nights, which I'm really excited about!

I really enjoy all my classes this year (besides English), but sometimes it's hard to find time for more. My schedule is pretty full with classes starting at 7:45 and going to 3:00, then cross country until 5:00, then one or two hours of homework. By that time, I feel like I've done so much, all I should do is relax and go on Instagram or text friends. I'm starting to see that doing that just drains me and wastes time.

What I need to do is replace those things with God. I need more of Him. I will never have enough of Him. I still make time to read my Bible every day. It's usually not too long, unless I barely have any homework, but the time is there. But sometimes I'm not in the right mindset. I might have just finished homework and my brain is dead while trying to learn from God's word. Or, I'll be reading and find my mind wandering to all the things I still have to do. Or it's just so late at night that I almost fall asleep reading. I feel awful when that happens. It's like, "Sorry God! I didn't leave enough time for you today. Even though you spent all day taking care of me, making sure I woke up this morning, and keeping me safe, and providing for all my needs. Sorry I didn't have more than 10 minutes for you. Woops." Ugh. I hate it when I do that, and it's something that I'm really trying to work on. I definitely have God as the number one priority in my mind, I just need to really apply it to my life. I need MORE time with Him. I need to get to know him MORE. I want MORE of You, God.
My new coffee mug and Bible from this morning's time with God!

I love Sundays because I have a few hours set to spend time with God. And now Wednesdays will be the same. I want it to be like that everyday. God should get all my time. Not 10 or 20 minutes of my day when I'm distracted or tired. I am really going to pray that God gives me an eager heart to want to read my Bible and spend more time with Him everyday! I hope that you try spending more time with God everyday also!

"Set a fire down in my soul, that I can't contain and I can't control.
I want more of You God, I want more of You, God."
     -Set A Fire by Jesus Culture

No comments:

Post a Comment