Thursday, February 19, 2015

Open the Eyes of Our Hearts, Lord

I decided to participate in my first #fmfparty blog post! If you do not know what that is, go check out Five Minute Friday here!

So, the word for this week is "open." When I think open, the song "Open The Eyes of My Heart, Lord" comes to my mind immediately. I sung it often in church in children's choir growing up. But, the lyrics still ring true today.

We need to let God open our hearts up to His plan for our life. We need to allow his glory to unfold in our lives, and there is no way for this to happen if we are closed off from him, trying to hide our sins and insecurities. He sees our hearts. He knows our inmost thoughts.

Openness is also important in our relationships with others. We must be open and willing to share Jesus with them. We cannot put up a false front and expect them to see the love inside of us. Jesus was real. He was open with others and God. People can come to know God through our broken, sinful lives.

Lord, I pray that you would open the eyes of our hearts today. We want to see you, God. Oh, how we want to see you. Please help us to be open to receiving your will for our lives and open in our relationships with others. In Jesus name, Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully said Heather! I love that song, which is good since it is now stuck in my head. LOL. I absolutely receive that prayer, and thank you!
    Welcome to FMF! It really is a great community to be a part of! My very first blog post was a FMF post. I look forward to reading more of your words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the whole idea of writing on one word in five minutes! It is fun!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the FMF tribe :). I'm so glad you decided to link up :). I love that song--we need to close our eyes more often so that we can see with our heart. It's not easy being open, but it's a good habit to cultivate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, we do. I am trying to become more open about my failures and letting go of perfection.

      Delete
  3. Glad you joined FMF, Heather. Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete